Mountain View Masters 2012 Annual Challenge!
Looking for a way to show your team spirit? Want a way to claim bragging rights in your lane? Interested in winning awesome prizes?
Well, do we have the Challenge for you! We are holding a challenge to last almost the whole year, with lots of ways to earn points. Points are exchanged for raffle tickets used in a drawing for prizes at the holiday party. The more points you earn, the better your chances of winning. We'll also be giving out prizes throughout the year, so pay attention to the weekly MVM emails.
There will be more prizes to win in 2012 than in 2011. But FYI, in 2011, the prizes were:
- 3rd prize -- $25 gift certificate from Sports Basement
- 2nd prize -- $50 gift certificate from Sports Basement
- 1st prize -- three months of free swimming or team apparel of the same value (i.e., a team parka when they are next ordered)
The directions are simple:
- All members of MVM are eligible (including coaches)
- Get points for various activities during the year through November (12/31/11 - 11/30/12)
- Participants & points will be publicized and prizes will be awarded approximately quarterly
- End-of-year prize winners will be drawn at the 2012 holiday party (you don’t have to be present to win)
- For every 50 points you have, you have a chance at an end-of-year prize
- This is not a replacement for the February Fitness Challenge & Auction
And the best news yet is that you have probably already earned points towards your first raffle ticket, since everyone earns 10 points by registering for USMS by 12/31/2011! (Which of course you have already done!)
To make it easy for you, we are providing a couple of ways for you to track your points, just pick the method that is easiest for you.
- Download the official challenge spreadsheet (Excel) and track your points on your own computer
- Print out the challenge form (or get a copy at the pool) and track your points the old fashion way with paper and pen!
Keep track of your own activities and points. Periodically during the year we plan to publish who the top point earners are, so watch for announcements asking for your point totals during the year.
It’s that simple! Do just enough to earn one raffle ticket, or go hog wild and try to earn as many points as you can, but have FUN doing it!
Q: What were the reported totals from the Inaugural 2011 Annual Challenge?
A: In 2011, the total possible number of points was 350. 2011 Point Totals.
Q: To whom do I send any additional questions about this challenge?